DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL TUESDAY 7TH DECEMBER 2021 – GETTING READY FOR THE KING-read full details below, feel at Home you are on Stevo’s Portal
The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 7th December 2021 Is “ Getting Ready For The King“
TEXT: Psalm 101:1-8
1. I will sing of mercy and judgment; unto thee, O LORD, will I sing.
2. I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
3. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes; I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
4. A froward heart shall depart from me; I will not know a wicked person.
5. Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off; him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
6. Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me; he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.
7. He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house; he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.
8. I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the LORD.
Key Verse:Psalm 101:2
“I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.”
Click here to read yesterday teaching by Pastor Kumuyi
In a number of local communities in Africa, the visit of a king, president or governor is preceded by feverish activities. The VIP’s stay may not last more than a few hours, but it does take days and weeks to get ready for him and his entourage. Why this seemingly disproportionate allotment of time to these events? It is because the hosts get long term benefits from their royal visitors that dwarf what they spend on them if they are able to impress their guests.
Something akin to this African setting happened in the palace of David in Jerusalem thousands of years ago. The psalmist himself was a monarch; but he looked forward to the coming of a greater King. This Royal Figure was not to be received the way earthly kings would be welcomed. This is because He does not take delight in outward exhibition of fine clothing and adornment of gold and silver. Here, David referred to the Lord who is more interested in the heart. Thus, he said, “I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way…I will walk within my house with a perfect heart”.
The clean up the Lord wants as He prepares to visit the earth is a spiritual sanitation. His journey down to the world is to meet those who are walking in righteousness from purified hearts according to the grace they received when they visited Christ at Calvary.
The King of kings is coming to visit mankind. He will come with everlasting rewards for those who have given their souls to Him. It is not late to be ready for Him. You can take the step now by confessing and forsaking all sins that will deprive you of witnessing His coming glory.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
The King is coming for those who please Him.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More…